Howells, K and Fitzallen, N, (2019) ‘Enhancement of gratitude in the context of elite athletes: outcomes and challenges’, Qualitative Research in Sport, Exercise and Health pp. 1-37. ISSN 2159-6778 (2019)
Bliss, S. Arnott, N. & Howells, K. (2019). ‘Philosophical underpinnings’ in Arnott, N., Paliadelis, P., & Cruickshank, M. eds. The Road to Nursing, pp. 82- 98. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Fazal e Hasan, SM* and Mortimer, G* and Lings, I* and Sekhon, H* and Howells, K, (2019). ‘Managing relationships: insights from a student gratitude model’, Research in Higher Education pp. 1-22. ISSN 0361-0365
- Howells, K. (2018). Developing gratitude as a practice for teachers. In Jonathan Tudge & Lia Freitas (eds). Developing gratitude in children and adolescents. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, pp. 240-261.’
- Howells, K. (2017) Enhancing relationships through gratitude in the Early Childhood Context. Reflections: Gowrie Australia Publication, Issue 5. 2017
- Howells, K, (2017). The use of dialogical inquiry to acknowledge diversity when researching gratitude in indigenous cultures. SAGE Research Methods Cases. 10.4135/9781473997851
- Howells, K. Stafford, K., Guijt R. & Breadmore, M. (2017): The role of gratitude in enhancing the relationship between doctoral research students and their supervisors. Teaching in Higher Education, DOI: 10.1080/13562517.2016.1273212
- Howells, K. (2015). The importance of gratitude. Positive Times
- Howells, K. (2015). Researching the place of gratitude in the personal domain of the educator: Tales from the field. In Karen Trimmer, Ali Black, Stewart Riddle, Researching mainstreams, margins and the spaces in-between. London: Routledge, pp. 36-49
- Howells, K. (2014a) Exploring cultural diversity through the lens of the practice of gratitude in education. International Journal of Diversity in Education
- Howells, K. (2014b). An exploration of the role of gratitude in enhancing teacher-student relationships. Teaching and Teacher Education, 42, 58-67
- Howells, K., (2013). ‘The Role of Gratitude in Helping School Leaders Strengthen Relationships‘.ACEL Inspiring Education Leaders, No. 6: 2013.
- Howells, K. (2013). Enhancing teacher relationships and effectiveness through the practice of gratitude. Teachers Matter, Vol. 23 pp. 58-59.
- Howells, K. (2012) Gratitude in Education: A Radical View, Rotterdam, Sense Publishers
- Howells, K. & Cumming, J. (2012), Exploring the role of gratitude in the professional experience of pre-service teachers. Teaching Education, 23(1), 71-88.
- Howells, K. (2009) Strengthening relationships and resilience through practices of gratitude. Principal Matters, Vol. 80. Spring, pp 2-6.
- Howells, K. (2007) Practising gratitude to enhance learning and teaching. Education Connect. Issue 5.
- Howells, K. (2004) Facilitating a smoother transition to university by asking students the right questions. In Whitton, D., Perry, B., & Dockett, S. Continuity and Change: Transitions in Education, Richmond: University of Western Sydney.
- Howells, K. (2004) The role of gratitude in higher education. Research and Development in Higher Education, Vol. 27 pp. 164-173.
Teachers at all levels of education will find Kerry’s book practical and inspiring.